Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsMan
IN THE NEWS

Man

CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
September 15, 2013 | By Angel Jennings
A 23-year-old man was stabbed to death in Hollywood early Sunday morning, police said. Los Angeles police received a call at 2:30 a.m. reporting a fight at Hollywood Boulevard and Whitley Avenue , said Officer Cleon Joseph. When officers arrived, they found a man with stab wounds. The victim was taken to a local hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries, Joseph said. No description of the suspect was given. The motive is unknown. ALSO: Mother of two children found dead in hotel identified, arrested South Bay power outage leaves 115,000 homes without electricity 37 Hawthorne families displaced as workers try to cap methane leak Twitter: LATangel angel.jennings@latimes.com
Advertisement
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
December 21, 2013 | By Joseph Serna
Authorities are continuing to investigate the death of a Rancho Cucamonga man who was killed while walking on the 210 Freeway in Claremont on Friday night. Jose Alfredo Gomez, 35, was killed about 11:30 p.m. when he was struck by a vehicle in the No. 1 westbound lane, according to the California Highway Patrol. It was unclear why he was walking on the roadway. Gomez's car was found about a quarter of a mile away from the collision on the shoulder of the freeway's eastbound lanes, according to a report by CBSLA . The driver who hit Gomez was not arrested or charged.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
May 8, 2013 | By Joseph Serna
A machete-wielding man threatening tenants in a Hollywood apartment complex was arrested early Wednesday after a seven-hour standoff, Los Angeles police officials said. The man was arrested about 5:30 a.m. after LAPD SWAT officers surrounded the building in the 1700 block of Fuller Avenue near Hollywood Boulevard and fired tear gas inside, officials said. The man went down to the Jacuzzi area of the pool and began threatening people, KTLA-TV reported . Some of the people called 911, and the man went back to his fifth-floor apartment.
NEWS
July 26, 2011 | By Amina Khan, Los Angeles Times / for the Booster Shots blog
A 63-year-old Southern California man, suffering from a painful hernia, apparently stuck a butter knife into his abdomen in an attempt to remove it. In an admirable display of conscientiousness, the Associated Press reports , the Glendale resident also took the cigarette he was smoking and pressed it to the open wound. "I don't know if he was cauterizing it," one officer told AP. The man showed no outward signs of pain, according to police. His wife called 911. The officer said that he'd seen self-mutilation, "but not a maneuver like this.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
January 30, 2014 | By Hailey Branson-Potts
A Metrolink train en route to Los Angeles from the Antelope Valley struck and killed a man Thursday morning in the Sylmar area, officials said. The man was struck by Train 212 near the intersections of Cobalt Street and San Fernando Road , said Brian Humphrey, a Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman. No one on the train was injured, Humphrey said. Law enforcement officers will decide when to move the train, officials said. Metrolink spokesman Scott Johnson said the man was struck at 10:22 a.m. and that 197 passengers were on the train, which originated in Lancaster.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
January 24, 2014 | By Paloma Esquivel
Homicide detectives in Santa Ana are investigating the early Friday morning shooting death of a man who was discovered lying on the ground in a residential neighborhood. Police said the man's identity is still not known. Someone called police about 1:10 a.m. Friday to report that a person was lying on the ground in the 1400 block of South Standard Street, according to a Santa Ana police news release. The officers who responded to the scene saw that the man had been shot and alerted paramedics, who pronounced him dead at the scene, said Cpl. Anthony Bertagna.
NATIONAL
December 4, 2012 | By Tina Susman, This post has been updated and corrected, as indicated below.
New York police were questioning a man Tuesday in connection with the death of a subway rider who witnesses said was pushed onto the tracks and crushed by an oncoming train after an apparent altercation on the platform. The identity of the man was not released, but police said late in the evening that he had implicated himself in the attack. No charges were expected to be filed before Wednesday.  Part of the incident Monday was caught on camera, and both the video and photographs of the alleged pusher were circulated across the city.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
February 12, 2014 | By Lauren Raab, This post has been corrected, as indicated below.
Sheriff's homicide detectives were in La Puente early Wednesday to investigate the stabbing death of a man.  The incident was reported about 2:45 a.m. in the 15900 block of Old Valley Boulevard, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. The man was pronounced dead at the scene. No other details were immediately available.  According to the Los Angeles Times Homicide Report, two other homicides have occurred within a mile of the Old Valley Boulevard location in the last 12 months.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
December 30, 2013 | By Joseph Serna
A 66-year-old man was charged with murder Monday in the beating death of a man in Koreatown earlier this year, Los Angeles County prosecutors announced. Roy Lee Adams pleaded not guilty to murder with an enhancement of using a blunt object in the March slaying of Cornelius Rich, 62, who also used the name Andre Dupree.  Adams has previous convictions for drugs, trying to escape from prison and carrying an unregistered, loaded gun, officials said. Authorities say that Adams beat Rich more than a week before his body was found in Rich's apartment in the 500 block of Kingsley Drive.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
March 25, 2013 | By Kate Mather
A North Hills man accused of molesting a family member was due in court Monday after he was taken into custody for failing to appear at a previous court hearing, officials said. Regino Murrillo-Martinez, 54, was arrested Thursday by Los Angeles police officers and U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents, City Atty. Carmen Trutanich announced Monday. Murrillo-Martinez was charged March 12 with 21 misdemeanor counts related to the molestation, including sexual battery with restraint, statutory rape and child abuse causing mental suffering, Trutanich said.
Los Angeles Times Articles
|