January 21, 1995 |
Hilton, Viacom Unit Plan Las Vegas Attraction: Hilton Hotels Corp. and the Viacom Inc. unit Paramount Parks will unveil plans Tuesday to build an entertainment attraction in Las Vegas. The joint project will be a permanent multimillion-dollar installation, adjacent to the Las Vegas Hilton, said Marc Grossman, Hilton's senior vice president. He declined further comment.
May 13, 1998 |
The Las Vegas Hilton has been fined a record $350,000 for allowing minors in a casino next to the Star Trek attraction. In agreeing to the fine, the company waived the right to a public hearing. "When we opened the Star Trek attraction, the fact is it was so popular that we did have a problem with underage people in and around the casino," Hilton spokesman Marc Grossman said. "When that situation was brought to our attention by the gaming authorities . . . we did rectify the situation."
May 24, 1997 |
The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement said it will look at the ties between Hilton Hotels Corp. Chairman Barron Hilton and a self-described arms dealer and smuggler from Costa Mesa. Businessman Felix Vivas, who had spoken and corresponded numerous times with Hilton over an eight-year period, contacted the hotel executive in 1994 about a proposal to sell military helicopters to Mexico, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal. Hilton declined to participate in the venture.
December 31, 2002 |
Hilton Hotels Corp., the third-largest U.S. hotel company, formed a $400-million venture with CNL Hospitality Corp. to buy and refurbish hotel properties, as it seeks to boost its management fee income. The venture has already bought the 500-room Doubletree hotel in Dallas and the 428-room Sheraton El Conquistador Resort in Tucson from MetLife Inc. for $121 million, and has agreed to buy five more hotels, said Hilton spokesman Marc Grossman.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
August 10, 2001
The United Farm Workers on Thursday condemned calls by Pictsweet Mushroom Farms of Oxnard to hold an election to determine how many workers want UFW representation. "It is patently illegal what they are doing by peddling this," said Marc Grossman, UFW spokesman. But Pictsweet isn't taking sides, merely supporting the workers' right to hold an election, said Don Dresser, vice president for United Foods of Bells, Tenn., the owner of Pictsweet.
November 22, 2000 |
"No Grapes!"--a spirited rallying cry of the labor movement and the political left for much of the last four decades--officially receded into history Tuesday as the United Farm Workers of America declared an end to its protracted boycott of California table grapes. The announcement by UFW President Arturo S. Rodriguez makes official what had already become a fait accompli; the union and even its loyal followers had mostly lost interest in the sanction against the state's grape growers.