December 12, 2006 |
Energy provider Mirant Corp. has reached a deal to sell its Philippine business to a consortium that includes Tokyo Electric Power Co. for $3.42 billion. The Atlanta-based company said it expected the deal with Tokyo Electric and Marubeni Corp., which also includes working capital, to close in the second quarter of 2007.
September 23, 1996 |
Occidental Chemical Shuns Vietnam Venture: The unit of Los Angeles-based Occidental Petroleum Corp. has pulled out of a $109-million polyvinyl chloride resin venture in southern Vietnam, the Vietnam Investment Review said. The state-controlled weekly said Occidental Chemical Corp. walked away from the venture with Marubeni Corp. and two local firms because the authorities had licensed a rival project. The venture, Oxy-Vina Plastics & Chemical Co.
September 20, 2000 |
Hitachi Ltd., Japan's largest electronics maker, formed a joint venture with Clarity Partners and Marubeni Corp. to supply components used in fiber-optic equipment, a market it estimates is growing 36% a year. Hitachi will contribute its fiber-optic components unit, which had sales of $159 million in its last fiscal year, in exchange for a majority stake in OpNext Inc.
July 10, 1995 |
Oxy, Japanese Firm to Build Plastics Factory: The companies have won approval to build the $109-million project, an official report said. Los Angeles-based Occidental Petroleum Corp.'s Oxychem Co. Division and Japan's Marubeni Corp. own a 70% share in the joint-venture project, which was licensed by Vietnam's State Committee for Cooperation and Investment, the state-run Vietnam News Agency reported. Vietnam's Import-Export Technical Material Supply Co. owns the remaining 30%.