Advertisement
 
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsMass Murders Northern California
IN THE NEWS

Mass Murders Northern California

NEWS
May 18, 1993 | From Associated Press
A man who was thrown out of a Fresno nightclub and his companion are no longer suspects in the murders of seven people, police said Monday. Detectives eliminated the pair as suspects after interrogating them, Sgt. Daryl Green said. A security guard who escaped Sunday's early morning carnage at Carrillo's Club had told police that one man had been thrown out Friday, then was refused entrance when he returned with a friend on Saturday.
Advertisement
NEWS
November 4, 1990 | From Times Staff and Wire Reports
The mother of convicted murderer Ramon Salcido does not believe her son should die for his crimes, she said after arriving in the United States with two other sons. Valentina Salcido Bojorquez, and Salcido's brothers, Leopoldo Salcido, 24, and Arnoldo Salcido, 27, arrived Friday night in San Francisco after a flight from Mazatlan, Mexico. The family members will testify at the penalty phase of Salcido's trial.
NEWS
November 13, 1992 | Associated Press
A Calaveras County judge on Thursday ordered mass murder suspect Charles Ng to stand trial on 12 counts of homicide. Ng, 31, a martial arts expert and native of Hong Kong, is accused of torturing and murdering his victims in 1985 at a secluded mountain ranch about 150 miles east of San Francisco near Wilseyville.
NEWS
December 17, 1990 | From Times Staff and Wire Reports
Ramon Salcido, convicted of killing six family members and a co-worker during a wine country murder rampage last year, slashed the throats of his children execution-style because they threatened to become financial burdens, according to a probation officer's pre-sentencing report. Salcido, who has yet to show any remorse, found that "killing became easy" during the outburst, according to the report by Angela E. Meyer, a deputy probation officer in San Mateo County.
NEWS
September 6, 2000 | From Associated Press
An unemployed cook stabbed his father, his grandmother, his girlfriend and her 3-year-old son to death after a family argument, but spared his own two young children, police said Tuesday. Richard R. Brown Jr., 27, used a kitchen knife to carry out the killings late Saturday or early Sunday, police said. Brown was arrested Monday night while driving back to the home where the slayings took place. He was surrounded by police when he came to a halt at a stop sign.
NEWS
July 24, 1990 | DAN MORAIN, TIMES STAFF WRITER
As jury selection began here Monday, Ramon Salcido wore the same seemingly emotionless look he had upon his arrest for the slaughter of his family in one of the most heinous crimes in California history. Salcido, 29, short, somewhat chubby and pale from being in jail for the past 15 months, was dressed in a gray pinstripe suit as the first 130 of 480 prospective jurors appeared in San Mateo County Superior Court.
NEWS
June 8, 1991 | From Times Wire Services
The arrest of a 22-year-old loner accused of killing six people for the thrill of it has ended months of fear and tension in the state capital. Eric R. Leonard was arrested Thursday night for investigation of the February slayings, in which on consecutive Tuesdays he killed three people at a convenience store and then three more at a pizza parlor. "I'm glad they caught him. That makes me happy.
NEWS
April 9, 1991 | From Times Staff and Wire Reports
The survivor among four gunmen felled by sheriff's deputies in Sacramento's dramatic hostage siege last week was arraigned Monday on 54 felony charges including three capital counts of first-degree murder. The legal proceedings took place in the intensive care unit of University Medical Center, where Loi Khac Nguyen, 21, of Sacramento was admitted with bullet wounds after the violent incident Thursday at a Good Guys electronics store.
NEWS
August 26, 2001 | ERIC BAILEY, TIMES STAFF WRITER
Just who is Nikolay Soltys and where has he gone? Suspected in the horrific murders of half a dozen family members in the suburbs of the California capital, the 27-year-old immigrant remains a cipher. To relatives who never saw the massacre coming, he is a savage enigma. To investigators fighting to catch him, he remains an elusive shadow.
NEWS
May 22, 1990 | From Associated Press
Sheriff's deputies investigating an assault report found the bodies of four apparent murder victims at a house in this community north of Modesto early Monday. The body of one man was found outside the rundown residence when Stanislaus County sheriff's deputies arrived shortly after 1 a.m. Three more bodies were found inside--two in the kitchen and one in the living room, Lt. Richard Breshears said. All of the victims were adults--three men and a woman, Breshears said.
Los Angeles Times Articles
|