Advertisement
 
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsMonster Com Company
IN THE NEWS

Monster Com Company

FEATURED ARTICLES
BUSINESS
July 4, 1999 | JAMES FLANIGAN
To mark Independence Day, some 7,500 Americans will auction themselves to the highest bidders today in hopes of landing better jobs. That's roughly how many people--most in their 30s, with above-average skills, education and pay levels--have agreed to present their professional and personal profiles on Monster.com's new Internet site and invite potential employers to bid for their services.
ARTICLES BY DATE
BUSINESS
September 11, 2007 | Joseph Menn, Times Staff Writer
In the face of criticism that they provided fertile ground for Web predators, online job sites have responded by posting warnings about work-at-home schemes and positions forwarding money or potentially stolen goods. But they have failed to adopt straightforward reforms that could have prevented the rampant fraud that recently swept Monster.com, security experts say.
Advertisement
BUSINESS
February 16, 2007 | From the Associated Press
A former top executive of the company that runs the Monster job search website admitted in court Thursday that he illegally backdated millions of dollars in employee stock option grants -- a practice that cheats shareholders. Myron Olesnyckyj, 45, of New Providence, N.J., pleaded guilty to securities fraud and conspiracy to commit securities fraud, charges that carry potential penalties of as much as 25 years in prison and fines of more than $5.2 million.
BUSINESS
August 30, 2007 | Joseph Menn, Times Staff Writer
Millions of additional users of the job-search site Monster.com may have had their personal information stolen by Internet criminals in security breaches that occurred before the break-in that was reported last week, top company executives said Wednesday. Monster Worldwide Inc. said an internal investigation had found that in an undetermined number of previous cases, criminals used passwords belonging to legitimate corporate recruiters to access resumes posted at Monster.com.
BUSINESS
November 23, 2006 | From the Associated Press
Monster Worldwide Inc., the parent of job search site Monster.com, said Wednesday that it terminated Myron Olesnyckyj, the company's lead lawyer, as part of its investigation into past stock-option grant practices. Olesnyckyj, the company's general counsel, is the second high-ranking executive to leave the company over backdated stock options. Andrew J. McKelvey resigned his posts as chairman and chief executive Oct. 9 but at the time retained his seat on the board as chairman emeritus.
BUSINESS
August 30, 2007 | Joseph Menn, Times Staff Writer
Millions of additional users of the job-search site Monster.com may have had their personal information stolen by Internet criminals in security breaches that occurred before the break-in that was reported last week, top company executives said Wednesday. Monster Worldwide Inc. said an internal investigation had found that in an undetermined number of previous cases, criminals used passwords belonging to legitimate corporate recruiters to access resumes posted at Monster.com.
BUSINESS
August 24, 2007 | Joseph Menn, Times Staff Writer
Monster.com said Thursday that 1.3 million users had personal information stolen by criminals who hacked into the job-placement website. The company said it would warn each of the victims by mail. Monster parent Monster Worldwide Inc. said it identified the victims after analyzing the data found this week by computer security firm Symantec Corp., which had estimated that hundreds of thousands of people were at risk.
BUSINESS
September 11, 2007 | Joseph Menn, Times Staff Writer
In the face of criticism that they provided fertile ground for Web predators, online job sites have responded by posting warnings about work-at-home schemes and positions forwarding money or potentially stolen goods. But they have failed to adopt straightforward reforms that could have prevented the rampant fraud that recently swept Monster.com, security experts say.
BUSINESS
August 24, 2007 | Joseph Menn, Times Staff Writer
Monster.com said Thursday that 1.3 million users had personal information stolen by criminals who hacked into the job-placement website. The company said it would warn each of the victims by mail. Monster parent Monster Worldwide Inc. said it identified the victims after analyzing the data found this week by computer security firm Symantec Corp., which had estimated that hundreds of thousands of people were at risk.
BUSINESS
February 16, 2007 | From the Associated Press
A former top executive of the company that runs the Monster job search website admitted in court Thursday that he illegally backdated millions of dollars in employee stock option grants -- a practice that cheats shareholders. Myron Olesnyckyj, 45, of New Providence, N.J., pleaded guilty to securities fraud and conspiracy to commit securities fraud, charges that carry potential penalties of as much as 25 years in prison and fines of more than $5.2 million.
BUSINESS
November 23, 2006 | From the Associated Press
Monster Worldwide Inc., the parent of job search site Monster.com, said Wednesday that it terminated Myron Olesnyckyj, the company's lead lawyer, as part of its investigation into past stock-option grant practices. Olesnyckyj, the company's general counsel, is the second high-ranking executive to leave the company over backdated stock options. Andrew J. McKelvey resigned his posts as chairman and chief executive Oct. 9 but at the time retained his seat on the board as chairman emeritus.
BUSINESS
July 4, 1999 | JAMES FLANIGAN
To mark Independence Day, some 7,500 Americans will auction themselves to the highest bidders today in hopes of landing better jobs. That's roughly how many people--most in their 30s, with above-average skills, education and pay levels--have agreed to present their professional and personal profiles on Monster.com's new Internet site and invite potential employers to bid for their services.
Los Angeles Times Articles
|