CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
June 23, 1993 |
The first floor at Oxnard City Hall was evacuated for an hour Tuesday after workers installing television cable lines outside the council chambers drilled a hole in the ceiling, releasing a small amount of asbestos dust. The evacuation was ordered by City Manager Vern Hazen. An asbestos investigator from the county's Air Pollution Control District vacuumed the spill and determined that the finger-sized hole did not pose a health risk, said Allen Danzig, the district's enforcement manager.