October 30, 2012 |
The New York man facing federal charges that he attempted to defraud Mark Zuckerberg and the company Zuckerberg founded Facebook Inc. may have lost yet another lawyer. Dean Boland, who is representing Paul Ceglia in a civil lawsuit that federal prosecutors allege is fraudulent, has filed a motion in U.S. District Court in Buffalo to withdraw as Ceglia's counsel. He is one in a long line of lawyers who have withdrawn from the case since it was first filed in 2010. In the motion, Boland insisted his reasons for withdrawing "have nothing to do with any belief by the undersigned that plaintiff is engaged in now or has been engaged in during the past, fraud regarding this case.
May 30, 2012 |
Paul Ceglia, the New York state man behind a high-profile lawsuit against Facebook Inc., is on the verge of losing another set of lawyers. The law firm Milberg is asking the judge overseeing the case in Buffalo, N.Y., if it can withdraw less than three months after it took on Ceglia as a client, according to a motion filed with the court. Sanford Dumain, the chairman of Milberg's executive committee, is the lead lawyer on the team representing Ceglia. His spokesman declined to comment.
April 4, 2012 |
Paul Ceglia, the New York man who says he has a contract that entitles him to half of Mark Zuckerberg's multibillion-dollar stake in Facebook Inc., has two months to produce reports from his experts that show that the two-page document is authentic. A federal judge in Buffalo, N.Y., issued the ruling after a hearing Wednesday that ran more than four hours. After Ceglia produces the reports, each side will have two months to question the other's experts. Facebook has submitted findings from its experts that Ceglia's version of the 2003 contract was doctored.
March 27, 2012 |
Facebook Inc. asked a federal judge to throw out a case brought by a New York state man who claims he's entitled to half of Mark Zuckerberg's multibillion-dollar stake in the social networking giant. Calling it a "fraudulent shakedown," Facebook filed the motion to dismiss the lawsuit Monday. The Menlo Park, Calif., social networking service aims to quash the case that is unfolding in federal court in Buffalo, N.Y., ahead of Facebook's initial public stock offering that could value Facebook at $100 billion or more.
March 26, 2012 |
Facebook has filed a motion to dismiss the case brought by a New York state man who claims he is entitled to half of Mark Zuckerberg's multibillion-dollar stake in the social networking giant. Calling it a "fraudulent shakedown," Facebook is looking to quash the case that is unfolding in federal court in Buffalo ahead of its initial public stock offering that could value Facebook at $100 billion or more. Facebook alleges the contract Paul Ceglia claims Zuckerberg signed is a forgery and that the emails he said he exchanged with Zuckerberg were also fake.
February 14, 2012 |
Facebook Inc. was awarded $75,776 in legal fees from a New York man who claims he's entitled to half of Mark Zuckerberg's multibillion-dollar stake in the social network. In a decision Tuesday, U.S. Magistrate Judge Leslie G. Foschio in Buffalo, N.Y., ordered Paul Ceglia to pay the fees after ruling that he violated a pretrial discovery order and failed to turn over email account information. The fee comes on top of an earlier $5,000 fine by the judge. Last month, Foschio said Ceglia must reimburse Facebook for legal fees it incurred in trying to get him to comply with a court order in the partnership dispute.