August 11, 1987
Price Pfister, a major producer of brass faucets and other home plumbing fixtures, sold its first stock to the public with an offering of 2 million shares, or 18% of its common stock outstanding. The stock, priced at $15 a share, included 1 million shares sold by the company and 1 million sold by Price Pfister executives and other insiders, who own the remaining 82% of the Pacoima company's stock. Net proceeds to the company, after deducting underwriting commissions, totaled $14 million.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
November 2, 1996 |
Employees at the embattled Price Pfister plant filed a complaint Friday with the National Labor Relations Board alleging that the company threatened workers who protest against layoffs at the faucet manufacturing firm. Peter Olney, a labor activist, said a Price Pfister executive held a meeting last week with employees and complained about public protests being held by the workers.
May 5, 1987 |
Privately held Price Pfister, the nation's third-biggest maker of faucets, said it will offer 18% of its shares of common stock, worth about $30 million, to the public. The Pacoima-based company said it will file a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission by the end of the month. Citing "quiet-period" rules, Price Pfister would not reveal the name of the offering's underwriter. Peter S.
November 10, 1987
Price Pfister reported a loss of $13.6 million, or $1.26 a share, for the third quarter ended Sept. 30, contrasted with a profit of $1.6 million, or 16 cents a share, a year earlier. Revenue, however, climbed 20% to $29.9 million for the quarter, contrasted with $24.9 million in the comparable period last year. The Pacoima company, one of the country's largest faucet makers, blamed its loss on a one-time bonus of $15.4 million paid to seven of the company's top executives.
March 30, 1988 |
Price Pfister Inc., a maker of brass faucets and other plumbing fixtures, is negotiating to be acquired by Emhart Corp. in a deal that would shower $140 million on the Pacoima-based company's three main stockholders. Emhart, with interests in industrial products, consumer goods and computer services, said it is prepared to pay $18.50 for each of Price Pfister's 11.4 million common shares outstanding, or $211 million, and that its total investment would reach $215 million.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
October 20, 1996
I see that California is losing another manufacturing facility, Price Pfister ("Pacoima May Lose Fixture as Factory Shifts Jobs South," Oct. 1). We have now lost Lockheed, Hughes Helicopter, a major portion of Douglas and many peripheral companies. These are major job producers. What did the Republican governor do to try to hold these companies here? These guys are supposed to be his buddies. Were any concessions offered to these companies to stay? Were any discussions even held? Is anyone aware that when Price Pfister moves to Mexico it will further increase the debit in our import/export balance.