May 26, 1985
R. W. Selby & Co. Inc. of Brentwood has purchased an 11-year-old, 95-unit apartment complex on 3.5 acres at 13708-29 Via Del Palma, Whittier, from Wayne and Norma Peterson of Whittier for more than $4.5 million.
June 15, 1986
R.W. Selby & Co. has bought a 106-unit apartment under construction at 533 Midvale Ave., Westwood Village, from Homestead Group Associates for $11 million. It is the latest purchase by Selby from Homestead and brought the value of Selby's acquisitions there to more than $36 million.
February 2, 1986
R.W. Selby & Co. Inc. of Brentwood has acquired two apartment complexes in Westwood: a 60-unit building under construction at 534 Midvale Ave. and an 40-unit building at 430 Kelton Ave. Homestead Associates of West Los Angeles, who also acted as general contractor, sold the structures for $6 million and $4.3 million, respectively. R.W. Selby represented itself as a principal with no brokerage commission involved in either transaction.
July 21, 1985
R.W. Selby and Co. Inc. of Brentwood has bought two apartment complexes. It acquired a new, 88-unit property at 7400 Sepulveda Blvd., Van Nuys, for $5 million from MST Partnership, and a 56-unit complex under construction at 10970 Wellworth Ave., Westwood, for in excess of $6 million. Seller was Homestead Long Beach Venture.
February 8, 1987
The more than $7.5-million, 111-unit El Greco apartment building will open next Sunday in Westwood on the former site of a 54-year-old building that has been restored and relocated to the Fairfax District. The new El Greco, a four-story post-Modern building at 1030 Tiverton Ave., was designed by Samuel Wacht Associates, West Los Angeles, and is a development of Brentwood-based R. W. Selby & Co. Inc. Victor Behar Construction Co.
September 15, 1985
Construction is under way on a $7.5-million, 112-unit apartment complex at 1030 Tiverton Ave., Westwood Village, according to the developers, R. W. Selby & Co., Brentwood. The project is being built on the site of the 14-unit El Greco apartment complex, designated a cultural historic monument by the city of Los Angeles in 1981. In an agreement reached with the office of Councilman Zev Yaroslavsky, the Selby firm agreed to donate the old building to Alternative Living for the Aging Inc.