Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsRoadway Transportation Co
IN THE NEWS

Roadway Transportation Co

FEATURED ARTICLES
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
October 17, 2000 | From a Times staff writer
The brother of the man who received a $50,000 reward for finding 52 of 55 stolen Oscars earlier this year was charged Monday in connection with the theft of the statuettes. John Willie Harris, 54, of South Los Angeles was charged with one count each of receiving stolen property and accessory after the fact to grand theft, the district attorney's office said. Harris, the third person charged in this incident, was arrested Thursday and released Saturday. His next court appearance is Nov. 8.
ARTICLES BY DATE
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
October 17, 2000 | From a Times staff writer
The brother of the man who received a $50,000 reward for finding 52 of 55 stolen Oscars earlier this year was charged Monday in connection with the theft of the statuettes. John Willie Harris, 54, of South Los Angeles was charged with one count each of receiving stolen property and accessory after the fact to grand theft, the district attorney's office said. Harris, the third person charged in this incident, was arrested Thursday and released Saturday. His next court appearance is Nov. 8.
Advertisement
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
October 24, 2001 | ANNA GORMAN, TIMES STAFF WRITER
A La Puente man pleaded no contest Tuesday to receiving stolen property in the theft of 55 Oscar statuettes in March 2000. Anthony Hart, 39, changed his not guilty plea as his trial was set to begin in Superior Court. He faces three years probation and a $200 fine when he is sentenced Dec. 5. He is the last of three men to change a not guilty plea in the case.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
January 10, 2001 | SARAH HALE, TIMES STAFF WRITER
John Willie Harris, a South Los Angeles man who was charged in connection with the theft of Oscar statuettes last year, waived a preliminary hearing Tuesday, opting instead to go straight to trial. Harris, 54, who was arrested in October, is the brother of Willie Fulgear, a 61-year-old junk salvage man who was hailed as a hero after he said he found 52 of the 55 stolen statues in a Koreatown trash bin near his home shortly after they were reported missing.
Los Angeles Times Articles
|