CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
June 27, 1991
The Los Angeles port commissioner whose firm received $1.5 million from the city to design two multimillion-dollar vessels announced Wednesday that he will not seek reappointment to the panel. Robert Rados Sr. said his departure after five years had nothing to do with recent disclosures about his company's contracts with the city. Rados, 68, said he decided months ago to quit when his term expires on Sunday. Last month, The Times reported that Rados International Corp.