Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsSouth Coast Water District
IN THE NEWS

South Coast Water District

FEATURED ARTICLES
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
May 18, 1990 | JIM CARLTON, TIMES STAFF WRITER
On June 5, directors of the South Coast Water District will be watching election returns with almost as much anticipation as they have been watching the skies for badly needed rain. Their attention will be riveted on the outcome for Measure F, which asks voters served by the water district to authorize issuing $8.5 million in bonds to pay for construction of a seven-mile water pipeline.
ARTICLES BY DATE
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
October 18, 2003 | David Haldane, Times Staff Writer
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on Friday ordered a major south Orange County water district to create a plan to prevent more sewage spills. The South Coast Water District, which operates a 139-mile network of pipes and pump stations collecting sewage from Dana Point and portions of Laguna Beach and San Clemente, was put on notice to "scrutinize its operational and maintenance practices" to minimize spills, said Mark Merchant, a spokesman for the EPA.
Advertisement
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
June 11, 1996
An electrical malfunction caused 5,000 gallons of untreated sewage to spill from a pipeline into Salt Creek, forcing closure of a portion of Salt Creek Beach Park on Monday. About 8:30 a.m., South Coast Water District workers were notified of sewage spilling from a pipeline next to the Links at Monarch Beach golf course into Salt Creek, said Michael Dunbar, South Coast Water District general manager.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
August 14, 2002 | From Times staff reports
Portions of Dana Point Harbor and the Dana Point Shipyard docks were closed to swimming and diving Tuesday after a 350-gallon sewage spill. Officials in the Orange County Health Care Agency's Environmental Health Department closed the water area from the L through O docks on the north side of the East Basin and the area around the shipyard docks.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
December 4, 1993 | FRANK MESSINA
Calvin L. Nelson has been named to fill a vacancy on the board of directors for the South Coast Water District. Nelson fills the unexpired term of P. Norman Anderson, who resigned his seat in September. He was elected by a vote of the district board of directors. Nelson has served on the district's community advisory committee as interim chairman. A resident of the Three Arch Bay community, he is the interim president of Saddleback College.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
August 13, 1999 | Chris Ceballos, (949) 248-2150
Beach Road residents will soon be seeing a dramatic decrease in their water bill. The South Coast Water District recently voted to reduce annual fees from $470 per home to $280. Beach Road homeowners had been paying more than others in the Capistrano Beach district to pay for $1.6 million in future infrastructure improvements.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
January 7, 1999 | Jason Leopold, (714) 966-5634
Residents who want to serve on the liaison committee between the city and South Coast Water District have until Jan. 12 to submit applications to the City Clerk. Applicants will be interviewed at the Jan. 19 City Council meeting at 6 p.m. Information: (949) 497-3311.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
January 12, 1991 | WENDY PAULSON
Plans by the South Coast Water District to construct a water pipeline under Avenida Pico will be discussed at a meeting Tuesday. Discussion during the 5 p.m. meeting at the district office is expected to include additional environmental documentation for the waterline, which connects with another line installed last year by the Santa Margarita Water District, said District Assistant General Manager Mike Dunbar.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
December 2, 1999 | Eric C Sanitate, (949) 248-2152
The South Coast Water District has postponed plans to assume control of the Tri-Cities Municipal Water District until June to ensure the merger goes off without a hitch. Earlier this week, South Coast Water District General Manager Michael Dunbar informed Tri-Cities officials that plans to merge the two entities by the end of the year were being put on hold to allow enough time to prepare for the transition.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
September 13, 2000 | Scott Schudy, (949) 248-2153
The South Coast Water District board approved the sale of an administration building at 30290 Rancho Viejo Road in San Juan Capistrano. The board's 6-1 vote last week makes it the last of four districts to approve the sale. The Moulton Niguel Water District, city of San Juan Capistrano and the Santa Margarita Water District own an 80.8% share and have approved the sale. The building could net $394,290 for the district, which has the other 19.2% share in the property, according to a staff
Los Angeles Times Articles
|