Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsStar Buffet Inc
IN THE NEWS

Star Buffet Inc

FEATURED ARTICLES
BUSINESS
September 26, 1997 | E. SCOTT RECKARD
Investors forked over $36 million Thursday in the initial public offering for Star Buffet Inc., a new buffet-style-restaurant company created by Anaheim-based CKE Restaurants. CKE, the parent company of the Carl's Jr. and Hardee's burger chains, had owned all of Star Buffet. It sold 60% of the company to investors and kept the rest. The company includes 16 HomeTown Buffets and two Casa Bonita Mexican theme restaurants.
ARTICLES BY DATE
BUSINESS
September 26, 1997 | E. SCOTT RECKARD
Investors forked over $36 million Thursday in the initial public offering for Star Buffet Inc., a new buffet-style-restaurant company created by Anaheim-based CKE Restaurants. CKE, the parent company of the Carl's Jr. and Hardee's burger chains, had owned all of Star Buffet. It sold 60% of the company to investors and kept the rest. The company includes 16 HomeTown Buffets and two Casa Bonita Mexican theme restaurants.
Advertisement
BUSINESS
July 29, 1997 | GREG JOHNSON, TIMES STAFF WRITER
CKE Restaurants on Monday unveiled plans to create a company with 25 restaurants that will try to expand into the buffet-style restaurant niche. CKE, parent company of Carl's Jr. and Hardee's burger chains, said that Star Buffet Inc. will be composed of CKE's 16 HomeTown Buffets and two Casa Bonita Mexican theme restaurants. In addition, the company has agreed to acquire seven restaurants from North's Restaurants Inc., which operates in the Northwest.
BUSINESS
September 26, 1997 | E. SCOTT RECKARD, TIMES STAFF WRITER
CKE Restaurants held an initial stock offering Thursday for a buffet-style restaurant company, with investors forking out $36 million for stakes in the new Star Buffet Inc. CKE, the Anaheim-based parent company of Carl's Jr. and Hardee's burger chains, had owned all of Star Buffet. It sold 60% to investors and kept the remaining 40% of the company, which includes 16 HomeTown Buffets and two Casa Bonita restaurants.
BUSINESS
September 26, 1997 | E. SCOTT RECKARD, TIMES STAFF WRITER
CKE Restaurants held an initial stock offering Thursday for a buffet-style restaurant company, with investors forking out $36 million for stakes in the new Star Buffet Inc. CKE, the Anaheim-based parent company of Carl's Jr. and Hardee's burger chains, had owned all of Star Buffet. It sold 60% to investors and kept the remaining 40% of the company, which includes 16 HomeTown Buffets and two Casa Bonita restaurants.
BUSINESS
May 31, 1998 | Dow Jones
Green Burrito parent GB Foods Corp. said it named Ted Abajian chief financial officer. The Anaheim-based company said Abajian succeeds Gary R. Nelson, who will continue with GB Foods as its treasurer. Abajian was most recently chief financial officer for Star Buffet Inc.
BUSINESS
July 14, 1998 | Leslie Earnest
Shareholders of GB Foods Corp., which owns the Green Burrito Mexican fast-food chain, will be asked in September to approve the company's purchase of JB's Family Restaurants Inc. GB Foods announced in February that it will buy JB's Family Restaurants from Anaheim-based CKE Restaurants Inc., operator of the Carl's Jr. hamburger chain, for 1 million shares of GB Foods stock. The price will be based on the stock's closing price on Sept. 1, the date set for the shareholder vote.
BUSINESS
July 29, 1997 | Greg Johnson
CKE Restaurants unveiled plans to create a new company with 25 restaurants that will try to expand into the buffet-style restaurant niche. CKE, the Anaheim-based parent company of Carl's Jr. and Hardee's burger chains, said Star Buffet Inc. will be made up of CKE's 16 HomeTown Buffets and two Casa Bonita Mexican-theme restaurants. In addition, the company has agreed to acquire seven restaurants from North's Restaurants Inc., which operates in the Northwest.
BUSINESS
December 11, 1998 | From Bloomberg News
CKE Restaurants Inc., the fourth-largest U.S. hamburger chain, said Thursday that earnings rose 44% in the fiscal third quarter as it improved profit margins and boosted sales at its main restaurant chains. Anaheim-based CKE, whose chains include Hardee's, Carl's Jr. and Taco Bueno, earned $19 million, or 39 cents a share, up from net income of $13.1 million, or 27 cents, a year ago. Analysts had pegged CKE's per-share earnings at 40 cents for the three months ended Nov. 2.
BUSINESS
September 12, 1998 | From Times Staff and Wire Reports
CKE Restaurants has sold its 37% stake in Star Buffet Inc. to the Salt Lake City buffet-restaurant chain, which was once a CKE subsidiary. Star Buffet said Friday it paid CKE $12.5 million in cash and a note for the 2 million shares that it repurchased from Anaheim-based CKE, which created the separate company about a year ago to try to expand into the buffet-style restaurant niche. But CKE, which operates the Carl's Jr.
BUSINESS
July 29, 1997 | GREG JOHNSON, TIMES STAFF WRITER
CKE Restaurants on Monday unveiled plans to create a company with 25 restaurants that will try to expand into the buffet-style restaurant niche. CKE, parent company of Carl's Jr. and Hardee's burger chains, said that Star Buffet Inc. will be composed of CKE's 16 HomeTown Buffets and two Casa Bonita Mexican theme restaurants. In addition, the company has agreed to acquire seven restaurants from North's Restaurants Inc., which operates in the Northwest.
Los Angeles Times Articles
|