Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsSteve Bubalo
IN THE NEWS

Steve Bubalo

FEATURED ARTICLES
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
April 1, 1989 | GLENN F. BUNTING and FREDERICK M. MUIR, Times Staff Writers
City Atty. James K. Hahn said Friday that his office--without waiting for City Council approval--has begun investigating Mayor Tom Bradley's personal and political ties with Los Angeles financial institutions. In his first public comment after a week of controversy over his finances, Bradley told a press conference Friday that he welcomed the inquiry.
ARTICLES BY DATE
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
April 1, 1989 | GLENN F. BUNTING and FREDERICK M. MUIR, Times Staff Writers
City Atty. James K. Hahn said Friday that his office--without waiting for City Council approval--has begun investigating Mayor Tom Bradley's personal and political ties with Los Angeles financial institutions. In his first public comment after a week of controversy over his finances, Bradley told a press conference Friday that he welcomed the inquiry.
Advertisement
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
August 15, 1998 | KATE FOLMAR
The city's ill-fated sewer line is being replaced. Construction has begun to replace the lower 6,000 feet of a sewer line that broke in February, unleashing 86 million gallons of raw sewage into the Arroyo Conejo. State water regulators recently fined the city more than $2 million for that spill. "The project follows 1 1/2 years of planning studies, design and securing of permits, all on an accelerated schedule," said Thousand Oaks Public Works Director Don Nelson.
NEWS
February 14, 1985
With a massive storm drain in place and work virtually finished on the widening of Beverly Boulevard between Fairfax and La Brea avenues, contractor Steve Bubalo is about to pick up a half-million-dollar bonus for completing the job six months early. Scheduled for completion Aug. 16, the project involved installation of a $2.8-million storm drain on North Stanley Avenue that eventually will be tied into the flood control basin at Pan Pacific Park. At the same time, Beverly was expanded with $1.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
July 28, 1990 | WENDY PAULSON, TIMES STAFF WRITER
Four construction workers were trapped for more than two hours Friday after a huge crane flipped over during installation of a water pipeline, county fire officials said. Two men of the men were injured in the 9:45 a.m. accident, which occurred at a construction site for the South County Pipeline on Olympiad Road about a quarter of a mile east of La Paz Road, said Capt. Dan Young of the Orange County Fire Department.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
October 10, 1995 | KAY HWANGBO, SPECIAL TO THE TIMES
If you're trying to get to the Ventura Freeway from the west San Fernando Valley, you may want to avoid Winnetka Avenue for the next several months. Long stretches of the southern half of the thoroughfare are being repaired in two public works projects--one being done by the city, the other by the county--that together will keep motorists shuddering in their cars until March.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
April 3, 1990 | RICHARD SIMON, TIMES STAFF WRITER
Los Angeles County Supervisor Pete Schabarum collected $19,200 last year to serve on the board of a savings and loan. Supervisor Mike Antonovich picked up $3,600 by attending a luncheon every other month as a director of a private computer firm. And Supervisor Ed Edelman supplemented his $89,851-a-year board salary by working as a mediator in labor disputes. Those are among the highlights of financial disclosure reports filed Monday by the supervisors.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
June 18, 1998 | KATE FOLMAR, TIMES STAFF WRITER
Replacing an aging sewer main could be twice as expensive as anticipated because the job will be subject to intense scrutiny from regulators and the public, a city official said Wednesday. City Atty. Mark Sellers said the city has little choice but to accept higher-than-expected bids because it must replace the sewer line this summer. The line broke in February, unleashing 86 million gallons of untreated sewage and triggering state and federal investigations.
NEWS
November 7, 1985 | MATHIS CHAZANOV, Times Staff Writer
Work is set to begin early next year on the next stage of a massive storm drain project that is expected to increase traffic congestion in parts of the Fairfax District through 1987. Some side streets will be closed for weeks at a time, but at least two lanes of traffic will be kept free on major thoroughfares, county engineers said.
NEWS
March 9, 1986 | MATHIS CHAZANOV, Times Staff Writer
Residents of a narrow side street in the Fairfax District are contemplating legal action in an effort to block construction of a massive flood drain that they say will disrupt their lives. "Our position is change it, move it or stop it," said Richard Platkin, co-chairman of a neighborhood group representing about 500 people who live on the 300 and 400 blocks of North Orange Grove Avenue. Their concerns focus on the first stage of an $8.
NEWS
January 16, 1986 | MATHIS CHAZANOV, Times Staff Writer
The county has awarded the Steve Bubalo Construction Co. an $8.7-million contract to build storm drains, repair sewers and repave streets along 3rd Street and other thoroughfares in the Fairfax District. The work, which is expected to be completed in 1987, is part of a 20-year project to rebuild the underground system that drains much of the Westside.
Los Angeles Times Articles
|