Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsSukut Construction Inc
IN THE NEWS

Sukut Construction Inc

FEATURED ARTICLES
BUSINESS
June 23, 1993 | MYRON LEVIN, TIMES STAFF WRITER
In a move to use thousands of discarded plastic bottles collected by the Los Angeles recycling program, the city's officials have directed an Orange County private contractor to use them to make a protective liner under the Lopez Canyon dump above Lakeview Terrace. The city Board of Public Works earlier this month gave a Santa Ana engineering and construction firm, Sukut Construction Inc., a $3.
ARTICLES BY DATE
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
November 12, 1994 | JEFF BEAN
Two men who bought homes in the exclusive Marbella development have been awarded $1.14 million in a jury trial in which they contended that inadequate grading work made their custom lots unstable. Jim Brakke and Al Carollo Jr. won the award last week after an eight-day trial in Santa Ana. A Superior Court jury deliberated for about six hours. The two men filed suit against Sukut Construction Inc. after their homes were damaged by land slippage.
Advertisement
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
November 12, 1994 | JEFF BEAN
Two men who bought homes in the exclusive Marbella development have been awarded $1.14 million in a jury trial in which they contended that inadequate grading work made their custom lots unstable. Jim Brakke and Al Carollo Jr. won the award last week after an eight-day trial in Santa Ana. A Superior Court jury deliberated for about six hours. The two men filed suit against Sukut Construction Inc. after their homes were damaged by land slippage.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
July 6, 1994 | LEN HALL, TIMES STAFF WRITER
The first visible step in an excruciatingly slow process to repair a 17-month-old landslide and clear a vital stretch of Pacific Coast Highway began Tuesday with the tedious chore of dismantling three damaged bluff-top homes. San Clemente city officials said the demolition would have to be done painstakingly, piece by piece and without the help of bulldozers, because the three damaged homes on La Ventana are still hanging precariously over the 50-foot bluff.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
July 3, 1992 | MARESA ARCHER
A snafu in a contract bidding process could end up saving the county well over $1 million for waste-containment work at the Coyote Canyon Landfill. After the Board of Supervisors initially approved awarding the project to the lowest bidder Tuesday, a representative from a company whose bid was rejected because it was submitted two minutes past the June 10 deadline challenged the approval during the public comments portion of the meeting.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
July 6, 1994 | LEN HALL, TIMES STAFF WRITER
The first visible step in an excruciatingly slow process to repair a 17-month-old landslide and clear a vital stretch of Pacific Coast Highway began Tuesday with the tedious chore of dismantling three damaged bluff-top homes. San Clemente city officials said the demolition would have to be done painstakingly, piece by piece and without the help of bulldozers, because the three damaged homes on La Ventana are still hanging precariously over the 50-foot bluff.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
July 17, 1992 | MARESA ARCHER
The Board of Supervisors has awarded an $18.3-million contract for waste-containment work at Coyote Canyon Landfill to Sukut Construction Inc. The Santa Ana firm won the contract with an $18.3-million bid. Although another Illinois-based firm had proposed to perform the same work for $1.6 million less, it was disqualified because its bid was submitted two minutes too late, according to county officials.
BUSINESS
August 2, 2000
Mike Blackman has joined Chase Manhattan Corp. as managing director in charge of Chase H&Q's Newport Beach office. He joined the company from Banc of America Securities' Montgomery Private Client Services division, where he was the managing director responsible for Montgomery's New York high-net-worth sales office. * Sean P. McCoy has been named tax director of Sukut Construction Inc. in Santa Ana and Kimberly A. Hurst was appointed controller.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
October 1, 1994 | LEN HALL
Work crews repairing the La Ventana landslide area above Pacific Coast Highway are 10 to 14 days behind schedule, but that should not delay the January opening of the roadway, Dana Point officials said this week. A recent, brief landslide at the top of the newly constructed 75-foot bluff made it necessary to do some additional demolition this week on two of the homes that were destroyed in the 1993 slide, said Andy Anderson, the city's emergency services coordinator.
BUSINESS
June 23, 1993 | MYRON LEVIN, TIMES STAFF WRITER
In a move to use thousands of discarded plastic bottles collected by the Los Angeles recycling program, the city's officials have directed an Orange County private contractor to use them to make a protective liner under the Lopez Canyon dump above Lakeview Terrace. The city Board of Public Works earlier this month gave a Santa Ana engineering and construction firm, Sukut Construction Inc., a $3.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
July 3, 1992 | MARESA ARCHER
A snafu in a contract bidding process could end up saving the county well over $1 million for waste-containment work at the Coyote Canyon Landfill. After the Board of Supervisors initially approved awarding the project to the lowest bidder Tuesday, a representative from a company whose bid was rejected because it was submitted two minutes past the June 10 deadline challenged the approval during the public comments portion of the meeting.
BUSINESS
January 28, 2005 | Annette Haddad, Times Staff Writer
California housing permits rose nearly 8% last year to surpass 200,000 for the first time in 15 years, yet the rate of growth is expected to stall this year, industry experts said Thursday. Last year, construction was started on 210,527 houses and condominiums, with the Inland Empire and Los Angeles County leading the state, according to the Construction Industry Research Board.
BUSINESS
November 14, 1995 | JOHN O'DELL, TIMES STAFF WRITER
Orange County will soon begin repaying some of the businesses that were owed millions of dollars when the county went into bankruptcy last December. Dozens of businesses that worked for or provided supplies to Orange County before its bankruptcy will get a total of $10 million under an order signed recently by U.S. Bankruptcy Judge John E. Ryan.
Los Angeles Times Articles
|