Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsSusan L Martinolich
IN THE NEWS

Susan L Martinolich

FEATURED ARTICLES
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
June 14, 1989
Rather than risk a lengthy appeal, an Orange woman who won an $885,000 sex-discrimination verdict against the Orange County Register in April has agreed to accept an undisclosed lump sum from the newspaper to settle her claims. "I'm very pleased. It's a good amount, a very good amount, and what's more important are the changes for women at the newspaper that I think this case has produced," plaintiff Susan Martinolich said Tuesday. The 43-year-old Martinolich said she could not disclose the settlement figure under terms of the agreement.
ARTICLES BY DATE
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
June 14, 1989
Rather than risk a lengthy appeal, an Orange woman who won an $885,000 sex-discrimination verdict against the Orange County Register in April has agreed to accept an undisclosed lump sum from the newspaper to settle her claims. "I'm very pleased. It's a good amount, a very good amount, and what's more important are the changes for women at the newspaper that I think this case has produced," plaintiff Susan Martinolich said Tuesday. The 43-year-old Martinolich said she could not disclose the settlement figure under terms of the agreement.
Advertisement
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
May 4, 1989 | ERIC LICHTBLAU, Times Staff Writer
Fresh from a huge victory in federal court, an Orange woman who last month won an $885,000 sex discrimination lawsuit against the Orange County Register is now pursuing a second action, claiming that newspaper officials harassed her in retaliation for taking them to court in the first place. In a lawsuit filed in Superior Court in Santa Ana, Susan Martinolich, 43, charged that her supervisors in the newspaper's circulation department threatened to fire her, cut her commissions, told other workers to stay away from her and took other retaliatory measures in response to her filing of the sex bias claim in September, 1986.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
May 4, 1989 | ERIC LICHTBLAU, Times Staff Writer
Fresh from a huge victory in federal court, an Orange woman who last month won an $885,000 sex discrimination lawsuit against the Orange County Register is now pursuing a second action, claiming that newspaper officials harassed her in retaliation for taking them to court in the first place. In a lawsuit filed in Superior Court in Santa Ana, Susan Martinolich, 43, charged that her supervisors in the newspaper's circulation department threatened to fire her, cut her commissions, told other workers to stay away from her and took other retaliatory measures in response to her filing of the sex bias claim in September, 1986.
NEWS
April 20, 1989 | ERIC LICHTBLAU, Times Staff Writer
A former Orange County Register circulation manager who says she was passed over for promotion twice in favor of less-qualified men won $885,000 from the newspaper Wednesday in a sex-discrimination award that legal specialists called one of the largest of its kind in the nation. "I'm just ecstatic," said Susan L. Martinolich, 43, of Orange. "This means that women at the paper are going to have to be taken more seriously, particularly in the circulation department. Women aren't going to be afraid to stand up and be counted."
Los Angeles Times Articles
|