Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsSyringes Disposal
IN THE NEWS

Syringes Disposal

FEATURED ARTICLES
NEWS
December 28, 1992 | MIMI KO, SPECIAL TO THE TIMES
It was supposed to be a fun day at the beach, but what happened that afternoon in late June turned into a nightmare for Jennifer Marer and her family. Marer's 1-year-old son, Joshua, had picked up a used hypodermic syringe from the sand near the Newport Pier and poked the inside of his mouth with it. "We were just walking around, picking up shells, and the next thing I saw was Josh with the syringe in one hand and blood running out of his mouth," said Marer, 28, of Costa Mesa. "I was horrified."
ARTICLES BY DATE
NEWS
December 28, 1992 | MIMI KO, SPECIAL TO THE TIMES
It was supposed to be a fun day at the beach, but what happened that afternoon in late June turned into a nightmare for Jennifer Marer and her family. Marer's 1-year-old son, Joshua, had picked up a used hypodermic syringe from the sand near the Newport Pier and poked the inside of his mouth with it. "We were just walking around, picking up shells, and the next thing I saw was Josh with the syringe in one hand and blood running out of his mouth," said Marer, 28, of Costa Mesa. "I was horrified."
Los Angeles Times Articles
|