Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsTrinity Broadcasting Network
IN THE NEWS

Trinity Broadcasting Network

NEWS
November 9, 1992 | RON RUSSELL, TIMES STAFF WRITER
During its 72 years as a Southern California institution, the Hollywood Bowl Easter Sunrise Service has overcome rainstorms, protest demonstrations and financial problems. But it now faces a struggle that supporters fear it may not survive. City officials have ordered the service to stop soliciting money. Once-generous donors have threatened it with lawsuits.
Advertisement
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
February 4, 1992 | TAMMERLIN DRUMMOND, TIMES STAFF WRITER
The parents of an 18-year-old man filed suit against the Anaheim-based Set Free Christian Fellowship Church on Monday, alleging that a Set Free official made their son perform sex acts in exchange for crack cocaine while undergoing drug rehabilitation at the church's Texas ranch. The civil suit, filed in Tarrant County Municipal Court in Coleyville, Tex.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
October 27, 1991 | MARK PINSKY, TIMES STAFF WRITER
Faced with a Federal Communications Commission inquiry, the Tustin-based Trinity Broadcasting Network withdrew a subsidiary's application to buy a Philadelphia-area TV station after employees of the station and a broadcasting group questioned the subsidiary's claim that it is controlled by minorities. Trinity's attorney wrote the FCC on Oct. 1 to tell the commission that the subsidiary, National Minority TV Inc.
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
September 29, 1991 | MARK PINSKY, TIMES STAFF WRITER
The Federal Communications Commission has begun an inquiry into Trinity Broadcasting Network to determine whether a subsidiary of the worldwide Christian programming service is a bona fide minority organization or one controlled by Trinity founder and president Paul F. Crouch, officials said.
ENTERTAINMENT
May 8, 1991 | MARK I. PINSKY, TIMES STAFF WRITER
Reviews for "China Cry," the inspirational movie produced by Tustin-based Trinity Broadcasting Network, were mostly downbeat when it opened in New York last week as part of a national re-release, but that didn't prevent ticket sales from topping $4 million since its release last fall. The New York Times' Steven Holden said the film "has many of the features of a Hollywood epic except that it is set in the 20th Century. . . .
CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
April 7, 1991 | LILY DIZON, TIMES STAFF WRITER
Two men suspected of setting off a string of smoke bombs in Los Angeles apparently were not involved in three similar incidents in Orange County, authorities said Saturday. Spokesmen for the Santa Ana and Garden Grove police departments said Larry Wayne Mitchell, 27, a transient, and a 17-year-old youth had been cleared in three of four Orange County cases in which smoke bombs were set off.
Los Angeles Times Articles
|